Son of our founder, George Deeley. Peter joined the family-owned construction company after finishing school in 1958 as an on-site carpenter before moving on to the Surveyors Department at the Torrington Avenue office in 1962, where he acted as Site Manager for new projects, starting with a housing development in Balsall Common.
Peter is very focused on community improvement. Upon his father’s passing, Peter took over as Deeley Group Chairman, and in 1991 became Chairman of what is now Coventry City College. He has also been Chairman of the construction section of the Coventry Chamber of Commerce since 1998 and is previous Chairman of the Builder Employers Federation of Coventry and Warwickshire, and the Heart of England Community Foundation.
As a Managing Director, he helps with the overall running of the company, meaning his passion for the construction industry keeps his diary full every day. Peter has kept a busy schedule his whole life, with his focus primarily on our company and his three daughters, plus some golf on the side.