Working closely with the client and our neighbours, Deeley Construction completed the refurbishment of this 1920’s building.
Carried out in three phases, the work was completed with minimal disruption to surrounding businesses and existing tenants.
Deeley Construction was appointed by Coventry University to refurbish three unused city centre units, from which the building age dated back more than 100 years. The units, on Whitefriars Street in Coventry city centre, now host the University’s Enterprise Hub, print shop and art shop after a phased project.
Two of the units were initially completed together in one phase, followed by separate work for the third in order to ensure minimum disruption to members of the public. The site was situated on a busy, active street, with the units all occupying the ground floor and there was no frontage or site area available to our team due to the prominent location.
The 1st floor of the building remained occupied during the construction works, and whilst the fire alarm systems were on a separate loop, access and egress of all fire escape routes were maintained throughout. MEP installations involved a total refit of all systems including distribution boards and new drainage connections whilst we also managed the interface of the services onto the roof.